Film and media organizations in Canada
Film and media studies resources in Canada
- Association for Media Literacy The AML is an "organization dedicated to promoting media education as a means of understanding the influence of the media, and the impact of rapidly evolving technology, on our culture."
- Association québécoise des etudes cinématographiques (AQEC)
- Canadian Journal of Film Studies An index of their back issues.
- Canadian Women In Film Biographies from the Library and Archives Canada's.
- CITIZENShift An NFB interactive "web magazine that integrates written, audio and visual media and provides a space where filmmakers and citizens can share knowledge, be entertained and most importantly debate social issues."
- Critical Approaches to Culture, Communications and Hypermedia Ron Burnett's extensive collection of resources and links, now maintained at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design.
- David Cronenberg Fan Site From Germany, including videos, a filmography, a list of resources, interviews, critical articles, reviews, trailser and links. Includes resources in several different languages.
- CTHEORY The web version of the Canadian Journal of Political and Social Theory, includes articles and reviews on film, culture and technology.
- FSAC Includes announcements, calls for papers, membership information and links to Film and Communication Studies programs in Canada.
- GRAFICS Groupe de Recherche sur l'Avenement et la Formation des Institutions Cinematographique et Scenique (Research Group on the Beginnings and the Formation of the Cinema and Theatrical Institutions), at the University of Montreal.
- Hors Champ Un hebdomadaire consacré à l'étude critique de film, de l'industrie cinématographie, ainsi qu'à la réflexion sur l'art du XXe siècle.
- Internet Movie Database Titles of over 7000 Canadian films and series listed in the database.
- The McLuhan Probes From the Herbert Marshall McLuhan Foundation.
- Media Awareness Network A support network for media education and a clearinghouse for Canadian media issues and initiatives.
- Media Literacy Saskatchewan A Special Subject Council of the Saskatchewan Teacher's Federation.
- Northern Stars
- Internet Resources for Journalists & Broadcasters A great collection of links to media and information.
International film and media resources
- AFI The American Film Institute.
- EServer Located at Iowa State University, this is an "online community where hundreds of writers, artists, editors and scholars gather to publish works as open archives," including Film and Television, Multimedia, and Cultural Studies.
- Internet Movie Database The largest and longest established searchable database of movie information.
- The Media and Communication Study Page From the University of Wales, a wide-ranging web index of sites related to the academic analysis of media, visual images, advertising, and much more.
- SCREENsite Located at the University of Alabama's Department of Telecommunication and Film. A variety of useful information and lots of links including a directory of film schools worldwide.
- tfts@glasgow The very comprehensive pages of Internet Resources for the Study of Film and Television, at the University of Glasgow.
- Women in Cinema A reference guide to bibliographies, reviews, anthologies, and electronic resources.